ITTOG Honors Award
Five years ago, The ITTOG board decided to honor distinguished personalities who made significant contributions to the tourism industry. The awards are now an annual event held during ITTOG’s graduation ceremony. The awards are meant for those still with us and continue to be sources of inspiration and role models especially for the younger generation.
Our first awards were dedicated to women in the following categories:
- 1st Women Ministers of Tourism – Susan Waffa Ogoo , Angela Colley & Nancy Njie.
- 1st Women Hotel Managers: Isatou Hydara Ndow , Mary Fumike Sarr , Saffie Ndure Jobe& Cicelia Sambou .
- 1st Women Ground Operators: Famma Njie & Angella Andrews Njie .
- Pioneer Women Craft Vendor. Mammy Secka .
- Abdoulie Touray, the only male awardees was honored for his contribution to the development of Tourism & other sectors in The Gambia and Africa at large.
2nd 2020 Edition: Award honored the following personalities:
- Alh Bassirou Jawara 1st Gambian investor in the Tourism & Hotel industry .
- Dr Ardy Sarge, 1st Gambian Chef & Hotel Investor.
- Dr Samba Batch Fye, Pioneer Tourism Administrator.
- Binta Jobe , 1st Woman Director General of The Gambia Tourism Board .
- Francis Mendy, Pioneer Gambian Tour Guide
3rd. 2021 Edition: Awards honored the following personalities:
- Sandigi Njie , 1st Gambian International Tour Guide .
- Bunamma Njie , 1st Gambian to Manage the Biggest Hotel In The Gambia & former Chairman of The Gambia Hotel Association .
- Mai Kebbeh , Pioneer women Fruit Seller & President of The Fruit Sellers Association .
- Baba Ceesay, President Tourist Taxi Drivers Association.